Commercial refrigeration maintenance in Edmonton is important not only for the health of your equipment but for the health of your business as well.
Regular maintenance ensures that your commercial refrigeration remains in good operational condition and works at optimal performance.
It also helps to reduce your energy bills, avoid costly and preventable repairs, and keep your customers safe!
When it comes to setting up refrigeration in a commercial kitchen, your freezers, fridges, and walk-in coolers are vital components of your system.
This is why they should be checked on a regular basis to identify potential issues.
Keep reading to learn more about preventative maintenance for commercial refrigeration:
How Edmonton Weather Affects Commercial Refrigerators
Even though your commercial refrigeration units are inside your business, it’s important to take weather into consideration when it comes to maintenance and preventative care!
Here are some maintenance steps you should consider during the summer and winter seasons:
Hot Weather and Refrigeration Equipment
Even though most summer days in Edmonton range between 20°C and 30°C, temps can climb as high as 35°C, and this warm weather can affect your commercial refrigeration equipment!
More than anything, warmer weather can cause your refrigeration unit to work harder to maintain a cool temperature, which can lead to an untimely breakdown.
Fortunately, there are ways you can maintain your commercial refrigerators during warm summer days to prevent any issues:
- Try to keep the room temperature around the commercial fridge as cool as possible and well-ventilated. Refrigeration equipment dissipates the heat it produces into the air, but if the air around the unit gets too hot, it will struggle to maintain a low internal temperature.
- Ensure there is enough room in and around the unit to facilitate airflow by keeping the unit as uncovered as possible.
- Make sure the doors are sealing properly when closed. Poorly fitted door seals can result in warm air accessing the interior of the fridge, resulting in ice buildups and overworked components.
- Keep the condenser and fans free of dust and debris.
- Check to make sure your refrigerator’s outdoor unit (if it has one) is also free of debris and other obstructions.
Winter and Outdoor Refrigeration Units
While Edmonton isn’t the coldest place in Canada, the city still experiences temperature drops in the wintertime, getting as cold as -35°C!
When temperatures get too low, your refrigeration equipment could freeze up and lead to spoiled products and other issues.
To avoid problems with your commercial unit during the wintertime, here are some maintenance tips you should follow:
- Keep an eye on the pressure control cycles of the outdoor unit to prevent the evaporator from freezing. Check the food or products in your fridge as well – if they are frozen solid, there may be an issue with the pressure control unit.
- Check the exterior of your fridge for cracks, leaks, or other signs of damage (especially around the door). These can cause your unit to lose heat, which can lead to the unit working harder than it needs to.
- Check the condenser and coils and make sure there is plenty of space around them so they can dispel generated heat.
Why Preventative Maintenance Is Needed
Just as it sounds, preventative maintenance is all about preventing issues before they become major problems!
Preventative maintenance can help you drastically reduce downtime, reduce power consumption, extend the life of your commercial refrigeration system, and avoid costly repairs.
Here are some more benefits of regular commercial refrigeration maintenance:
Identifies & Fixes Hidden Issues
Even with regular cleaning and care, hidden issues such as dirt build-up and overheating can wreak havoc on your commercial refrigeration system.
Regular commercial refrigeration maintenance in Edmonton can help identify these hidden issues and ensure they are repaired before they lead to major problems.
Minimizes Downtime & Lost Business
If your commercial refrigeration unit requires a repair or replacement, this requires downtime that can lead to lost business and products.
However, if you are proactive when it comes to preventative maintenance, you reduce the risk of components failing, as well as unforeseen or extended downtime.
Reduces Repair Bills & Extends the Life of Your System
Regular maintenance of your commercial refrigeration equipment can lower repair bills by preventing failing components.
You can save more money by having your system maintained on a regular basis rather than paying for major repairs every year!
Preventative maintenance can also extend the life of your system by addressing issues before they become unrepairable – helping your business avoid unnecessary replacements!
Protects Your Customers
If your business deals with consumable products, it is essential that refrigerated food maintains a constant and correct temperature. Improperly stored food can lead to serious illness!
Plus, regularly maintaining and cleaning your refrigeration units ensures that the surfaces are disinfected to protect against bacteria such as listeria, salmonella, and legionella.
What Does a Maintenance Agreement Look Like?
Here at Advantage Refrigeration, we provide ongoing service and maintenance agreements to ensure critical mechanical systems are regularly inspected, maintained, and repaired to minimize the risk of any sudden failures.
Our Maintenance Program gives you peace of mind when it comes to the maintenance and operation of your commercial refrigeration in Edmonton.
Advantage Refrigeration’s maintenance agreements are tailored to suit your business’s needs and cover commercial refrigeration systems such as:
- walk-in coolers and freezers
- ice machines
- reach-in coolers and freezers
- refrigerated display cases
- refrigeration compressor rooms
We also offer additional programs and add-ons to suit your business’s unique needs!
Commercial Refrigeration Maintenance in Edmonton
When it comes to ensuring the peak performance of your commercial refrigeration system, you can trust the experts at Advantage Refrigeration!
You can’t leave the success of your business to chance – a seemingly simple issue can easily lead to wasted food, sunk costs, and annoyed customers.
Scheduling ongoing preventative maintenance with Advantage Refrigeration means minimized downtime and optimal performance!
Let us take care of your commercial refrigeration systems by contacting us today!